What Is HomeAid Los Angeles?
HomeAid Los Angeles, a 501(c)(3) charity sponsored by the Los Angeles Builders Association, identifies long term, stable homeless care providers who need additional capacity and pairs them with our builders, vendors and suppliers who donate their time, materials and labor to help build transitional homeless shelters. Our agencies serve those who are homeless:
- Youth who have aged out of foster care
- Women in Crisis Pregnancy
- Victims of Domestic Violence and Spousal Desertion
- Children who have become homeless due to a family crisis
- Mentally Challenged
- Adults Living with HIV/AIDS
- Families & individuals who are homeless as a result of job loss or catastrophic illness
- Individuals and families suffering from drug and alcohol abuse
- Male and female Veterans
In addition, HomeAid Los Angeles serves as a housing developer and liaison between homeless care providers, the community at large, volunteers, residential builders, remodelers and developers and their suppliers and vendors. If you are an agency that provides care for temporarily homeless families and individuals, click here.
Our Core Values
Every individual has worth and human dignity and deserves the basic provision of shelter as a necessity of life.
Most homeless people do not want to be homeless and will respond with self-initiative to improve themselves if given the opportunity.
We, as citizens of this nation, have a civic and moral responsibility to better the lives of others by sharing with others the gifts and talents we possess.