Care Provider Application
Dear Care Provider,
HomeAid Los Angeles is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, affiliated with the Los Angeles Builders Association. Our mission (the "HomeAid Mission") is to build and renovate shelters for homeless men, women and children in Los Angeles and the surrounding counties. We do this by either adding to the number of shelter beds currently available in our area or preserving beds that are at risk of being lost.
To accomplish this, HomeAid Los Angeles identifies effective nonprofit operators of homeless shelters in the Greater Los Angeles area ("Care Providers") and works with them to renovate their existing facilities or to build new structures in a manner that will either add more or preserve existing shelter beds.
To qualify for assistance as a HomeAid Los Angeles project, a Care Provider has a program based in the Greater Los Angeles area and has:
- A mission to assist the homeless – those who can and want to be rehabilitated, but need assistance
- Strong community and political support;
- A good track record (minimum five years) of enabling clients to attain a stable lifestyle and obtain long-term independent housing;
- Operational funding in place to support client programs;
- Capital funds available or the capability to raise the necessary funding to ensure completion of the project.
These are minimum requirements, and there are a number of steps necessary in order to qualify for assistance. However, if you believe your shelter could meet the above qualifications for assistance, please take a moment to complete the Care Provider Application and return it to the HomeAid Los Angeles office at your earliest convenience.